Prestige Cars Pty Ltd A.C.N. 068 818 020 trading as Porsche Centre Gold Coast (“PCGC”) is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 Cth (“Privacy Act”) including the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) set out in the Privacy Act.
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, that identifies an individual. .
2. Collection of personal information
PCGC will not collect personal information about you unless that information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. PCGC will collect personal information only by fair and lawful means, including from third parties, websites, social media channels, email or personal meetings with you.
The personal or sensitive information we may collect includes your:-
- contact and personal details (i.e: your phone number, driver's licence, credit card and email address); and
- current and past interactions with us, as well as your personal preferences, vehicle, warranty and service details.
When PCGC collects personal information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps at or before the time of collection to ensure that you are aware of certain key matters, such as:-
- the purposes for which we are collecting the information;
- the organisations (or types of organisations) to which we would normally disclose information of that kind;
- the fact that you are usually able to access the information; and
- the identity of our organisation and how to contact us.
PCA will collect information directly from you where it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
Where PCGC collects personal information about you from third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the details set out above.
In general, there is no law which specifically requires us to collect particular information from you. In general, if all or part of the information is not collected by us we will not be able to provide you with the relevant product, service or information.
3. Use and disclosure of personal information
If PCGC uses or discloses your personal information for a purpose (secondary purpose) other than the main reason for which it was originally collected (primary purpose) to the extent required by the Privacy Act we will ensure that:-
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection, and you would reasonably expect that PCGC would use or disclose your personal information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required by an enforcement authority or authorised by or under law
PCGC collects uses and discloses your personal information in relation to the sale or marketing of automotive events or products to you and the financing, servicing or repair of those products. Specific activities PCGC undertakes include sending you order confirmation and welcome kits, administering warranty claims, conducting market research, sending you information about Porsche model launches or Porsche Lifestyle events, and other related activities.
PCGC may disclose your personal information as permitted by law or to third parties (i.e. external contractors such as mailing houses and advertising agencies, or related companies of PCGC in Australia and in other countries or to an Official Porsche Centre) for the purpose of fulfilling one or more of the above purposes. PCGC requires external contractors to comply with PCGC’s requirements in relation to confidentiality and privacy.
4. Data quality and security
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, PCGC will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- store the personal information that we hold to protect it from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
PCGC websites use DoubleClick and Google Analytics, being internet advertising and analytics services provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help analyse how users use our site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your anonymous IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
PCGC may share the Google data with our third party service providers and the data may be used to optimise marketing or advertising initiatives. Every time you visit our website, certain customised information and advertising may be delivered to you based on the data stored in the cookies.
By accepting the terms of this Policy and using this website, you expressly consent to:-
- the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information for each of the purposes and to all parties referred to in this Policy; and
6. Openness and accountability
7. Access and correction of your personal information
Please contact PCGC if you would like to exercise your right to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. PCGC will generally provide you with access to your personal information (although an administration fee may be imposed). PCGC will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date.
In some circumstances, PCGC may not permit access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information (in which case we will provide you with reasons for this decision).
8. Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
If PCGC transfers your personal information to other organisations outside Australia, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to transborder data flows.
PCGC may disclose your personal information to related bodies corporate of PCGC outside of Australia, including those located in Germany, Asia and the USA. Those related bodies corporate of PCGC will handle your personal information for the purposes set out in section 3 of this policy.
9. Contact and further information
Please contact us if you have any queries about the personal information that PCGC holds about you or the way we handle that personal information, including if you wish to opt out from receiving any communications from us.
Our contact details for privacy queries are set out below:
Contact: Manager, CRM & Customer Relations
Telephone: 1800 711 911
Postal address: 109-111 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne VIC 8002
Email address: email@example.com
Further information about the Privacy Act and APPs can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
10. Concerns or Complaints
Please contact us using the above details if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by PCGC. If you raise a concern or complaint about privacy, we will try and investigate it and respond to you within 30 days. If you are unhappy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit www.oaic.gov.au.
Policy last updated: 19 September 2017